website statistics

Ceramic Fiber Blanket

Specification:

Blanket is a needled blanket made from our ceramic fiber. The blanket is lightweight, flexible, and available in a wide variety of thicknesses, widths and densities.

IND3180 Blanket resists temperature as high as 2300º. This material is lightweight and has very low thermal conductivity, excellent handling strength, low heat storage, thermal shock resistance and corrosion resistance (commonly used acid and alkali). It also provides excellent sound absorption and excellent fire protection.


Chemical and Physical Data:

Chemical Composition: Al2O3: 47%, SiO2: 50%; Total Al2O3 and SiO2 >97% ; Fe2O3: < 1.0%
Fiber Physical Properties: Fiber Diameter: 3 – 4.5 microns; Fiber Shrinkage (982° C, 3h): < 3.5%
Working Temperature : 982° C for Continuous Use; 1260° C Maximum
Specific Heat (@1093°C): 0.27 Btu/lb℃

Available Density and Size

Density: 4, 6, 8 lbs./cu. ft. (64, 96, 128 kg/m3)
Thickness: 1/4", 1/2", 1", 1-1/2", 2
Width: 24" and 48"
Packaging: In plastic bags and then in cartons

Typical Applications

  • Repair, insulation and linings for furnaces, kilns, generators, reformers, boilers, etc.
  • Insulation for steam and gas turbines, and other high temperature equipment
  • Insulation for nuclear applications and power plants
  • High-temperature pipe insulation, casting mold insulation, etc.
  • High-temperature seals and gasketing, furnace door seals, expansion joint seals
  • Fire protective insulation or linings
  • High-temperature filtration